Click one of the images to view the appropriate section.
Tutorial Terms & Conditions:
Last updated on July 17, 2015
By using cztutorials.com or collegezoom.us (“Website”) or purchasing, accessing, or using any part of an online product or tutorial (“Licensed Software”) provided by College Zoom, Inc. (“College Zoom”), whether free or for a fee, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions herein (“Agreement”). If you do not agree to this agreement in its entirety, you may not use this Website or Licensed Software.
All sales are ﬁnal, no exceptions. The purchase or use of any Licensed Software does not promise acceptance to any college or university. The “effective date” for this agreement is the day you either: purchase, access, or use licensed software, whichever occurs first.
1. Single-User License Grant: When you purchase, access, or use Licensed Software from College Zoom, College Zoom grants you a single, limited-time, single-user license grant. This is a non-assignable, nontransferable license to be used solely by you and for non-commercial purposes.
College Zoom currently offers three tutorials: 1) The activity sheet tutorial, 2) the essay topic tutorial, and 3) the essay writing tutorial. These fall under Licensed Software. Access to the entire first session of each of these tutorials is provided free of charge and accessible at cztutorials.com and collegezoom.us/tutorials. By clicking the “Next Step” button on the first page of each tutorial, you agree to this Agreement.
Each tutorial comprises of more than one session. If you would like to continue a particular tutorial after the free session, you may gain a one time, limited time license to access the remaining sessions of said tutorial for $375 (“License Fee”). That License Fee gives you a 24 hour window of access to each one of the tutorial’s sessions. The 24 hour timed access for each tutorial begins when you individually activate each session’s activation button some time after purchase. Upon activation, the timer will start and after 24 hours access to that session will expire. On average, students can complete each session in 1 to 2 hours. If, for any reason, your access expires before you complete a session, each session can be individually re-ordered at a price of $50 per session.
2. Proprietary Rights: As between you and College Zoom, and except for your Submitted Materials (as defined below), College Zoom owns, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and Licensed Software, all the content (including, for example without limitation, audio, photographs, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video, copy, software, etc.), code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organization of the Website and Licensed Software, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials in the Web Site and Licensed Software, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Website and Licensed Software does not grant to you ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access on the Website and Licensed Software.
3. Restrictions: You shall not, nor permit any person to: (i) reverse engineer, reverse compile, decrypt, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the Licensed Software (except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by law); (ii) modify, translate, or create derivative works of the Licensed Software; (iii) sublicense, resell, rent, lease, distribute, market, commercialize, or otherwise transfer rights or usage to the Licensed Software (except as expressly permitted under this Agreement); (iv) remove, modify, or obscure any copyright notices or other proprietary notices or legends appearing on or in the Licensed Software, or any portion thereof; (v) transfer, use, or export the Licensed Software in violation of any applicable laws, rules, or regulations of any government or governmental agency; (vi) use the Licensed Software or any system services accessed through the Licensed Software to disrupt, disable, or otherwise harm the operations, software, hardware, equipment, and/or systems of a business, institution, or other entity, including, without limitation, exposing the business, institution, or other entity to any computer virus, trojan horse, or other harmful, disruptive, or unauthorized component; or (vii) embed the Licensed Software in any third-party applications, unless otherwise authorized in writing in advance by an officer of College Zoom.
4. Limited License: You may access and view the content on the Website and Licensed Software on your computer or other internet compatible device, and make copies of the content on the Website or Licensed Software for your personal and non-commercial use only.
5. Fees and Payment Terms: All fees paid to College Zoom are non-refundable except as explicitly permitted from time to time on the College Zoom Website. College Zoom may terminate this Agreement and invalidate your license if your billing or contact information is false, fraudulent, or invalid.
6. Prohibited Use: Any commercial distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Website or Licensed Software including but not limited to accessing, scraping, spidering (or other automatic tool or process to monitor), extracting, copying, reviewing, indexing, mirroring, transmitting, pinging, or validating of any content, code, data or materials in the Website or Licensed Software, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express written prior permission of College Zoom and the applicable rights holder. If you do make any such prohibited use of the Website or Licensed Software, or the content, code, data or materials thereon, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use.
7. Trademarks: College Zoom is a service mark of College Zoom, Inc. Any other trademarks, logos or service marks (collectively, the “Marks”) displayed on this Website or Licensed Software are owned by us or a third party owner. Nothing contained in the Website or Licensed Software should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Marks without the express written consent of College Zoom or the respective trade/service mark owner. Your misuse of the Marks displayed on the Website or Licensed Software is strictly prohibited.
8. Submitted Materials: Any and all information, reviews, comments, communications, creative and academic works, demos, ideas, photographs, suggestions, concepts, depictions, methods, systems, designs, plans, techniques or other materials submitted or sent to College Zoom (including, for example and without limitation, that which you submit via email, share in a document, or post to the Website (“Submitted Materials”) will be deemed not to be confidential or secret, and may be used by us in any manner consistent with these Terms and Conditions. By submitting or sending Submitted Materials to us, you: (i) represent and warrant that the Submitted Materials are original to you and that no other party has any rights thereto, or that you have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use such Submitted Materials and submit them to the Site, and that any “moral rights” in having the Submitted Materials edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted or displayed in a manner not agreeable to you have been waived, and (ii) you grant us and our Affiliates a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully transferable, assignable and sublicensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, make, sell and export such material (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed (including, without limitation, any web sites owned or operated by us). We cannot be responsible for maintaining any Submitted Material that you provide to us, and we may delete or destroy any such Submitted Material at any time. In the event of any unauthorized use of any of your content or materials from our Website (including any of your Submitted Materials in which you own the copyright), you agree to cooperate with Company in enforcing such copyrights, at Company’s expense, including, for example (without limitation) by joining Company in any legal action therefor.
9. Linking to the Website or Licensed Software: You are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Website or our Licensed Software, such as using an “in-line” linking method to cause the image or Licensed Software hosted by us to be displayed on another web site, unless expressly permitted by us in writing. You agree not to download or use images hosted on this Website or Licensed Software on another web site, for any purpose, including, without limitation, posting such images on another site, unless expressly permitted by us in writing. You agree not to link from any other web site to this Website in any manner such that the Website, or any page of the Website, is “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials, advertising or branding. We have the right to insist that any link to the Website be discontinued, and to revoke your right to link to the Website from any other web site at any time.
10. Indemnification: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold College Zoom, and its Affiliates harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from (i) your access to or use of the Website, (ii) your providing or receipt of services or your placement, submission or transmission of any message, content, information, software or other materials on, to or through the Website, or (iii) your breach or violation of the law or of these Terms and Conditions. Company reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you agree to cooperate with any such defense.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties: The Website, including, without limitation, all Licensed Software, content, submitted materials, functions and materials thereon, is provided “as is,” “as available” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty for information, data, data processing services, uptime or uninterrupted access, any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, usefulness, correctness, precision, thoroughness, completeness or content of information, and any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and we hereby disclaim any and all such warranties, express and implied. We do not warrant that the Website or the Licensed Software, content, functions or materials contained therein will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected. We make no warranty that the site will meet your requirements. No advice, results or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Website or Licensed Software shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. Company also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the site. We reserve the right to change or make corrections to any of the information provided on the site at any time and without any prior warning.
12. Limitation of Liability: In no event, including but not limited to negligence, shall company, or any of its directors, officers, employees or agents (collectively, the “protected entities” be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising from, or directly or indirectly related to, your access to or use of, or the inability to access or use, the site or the content, materials and functions related thereto, your provision of information or services via the site, even if such protected entity has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations may not apply to certain users of the web site. In no event shall the protected entities be liable for or in connection with any content posted, transmitted, exchanged or received by or on behalf of any user or other person on or through the site (including, without limitation, any submitted materials). in no event shall the total aggregate liability of the protected entities to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract or tort, including, but not limited to, negligence or otherwise) arising from the terms and conditions or your use of the site exceed, in the aggregate, the amount, if any, paid by you to company for your use of the Website or Licensed software or purchase of Licensed software via the Website.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: College Zoom controls and operates the Website and Licensed Software from California. The Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any cause of action that may arise under the Terms and Conditions shall be commenced and be heard in the appropriate court in the State of California, County of Los Angeles. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Los Angeles County in the State of California. All parties to these Terms and Conditions waive their respective rights to a trial by jury.
College Zoom has the right to terminate, change, suspend, impose limits on or discontinue any aspect of the Website or the Licensed Software, or your access to or use thereof, at any time, if we believe you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, Company’s policies or applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability. Company maintains a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of the Website or Licensed Software use privileges of users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights.
15. Other: We do not represent that materials on the Website or Licensed Software are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Website or Licensed Software from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
1-on-1 Meeting Terms & Conditions:
Terms and Conditions:
Last updated on September 30, 2016
1. Prepayment Deposit: A refundable deposit for counseling must be paid in advance of each meeting to officially confirm and exclusively reserve your meeting time. Until this one hour prepayment is made, your meeting is not officially confirmed or scheduled. If we’ve discussed an agreed upon meeting time with you but your prepayment deposit is not received, another customer may reserve the time slot you requested if his or her prepayment deposit is received first.
Note: package customers who have a minimum amount of 1 hour in their deposit accounts are exempt from the 1 hour prepayment deposit. Their meetings are automatically confirmed upon agreement of a meeting date and time.
2. Your Meeting May Be Over Your Prepayment Amount: If your meeting ends up being over the time allowed by your prepayment deposit, an additional balance will be due for any additional time. The rate for our general and appeal 1-on-1 meetings is $200 per hour (or $175/hr for certain package clients) and the amount will be billed pro rata.
3. Billing: Once a meeting has been scheduled, billing starts at the agreed upon meeting time. This time is deducted from your 1 hour prepayment so please be on time for your meetings. For virtual meetings, being on time means that you are on Skype and your Google Document is open so that we can initiate the call and begin working immediately. It’s important that you ensure your Skype is working correctly before the meeting. Technical difficulties on your end will not delay the start of the meeting time for billing purposes.
4. Travel Time Fee: For visits to your home or specially requested meeting locations, a rate of $5 per mile will be assessed to the round-trip commute to and from your home (or the specially requested meeting location). This amount will be added to your 1 hour prepayment invoice.
5. Rescheduling and Cancellation Policy: Once your meeting is confirmed. You may cancel or reschedule anytime up to 48 hours prior to our agreed upon meeting time without penalty. Cancelling or rescheduling between 48 and 24 hours of the agreed upon meeting time incurs a penalty equal to a 30 minute deduction of 1-on-1 time for package customers or half of the prepayment deposit for non-package customers. Cancelling or rescheduling within 24 hours of the agreed upon meeting time will result in a 1 hour deduction for package customers or the forfeiture of the entire prepayment deposit for non-Package customers. 6. No Show Policy: If a student does not show up to a meeting 15 minutes after the start of the agreed upon meeting time, the meeting will be cancelled and a penalty equal to the amount of the prepayment will be assessed.
7. Subsequent Meetings: After each meeting, any balance due for that meeting must be paid in full before the next meeting can be scheduled.
8. Forms of Payment Accepted: College Zoom accepts: cash, checks, and credit cards. If you wish to pay by check, please notify us. The check should be made payable to College Zoom and mailed to: College Zoom, 21021 Erwin St. #519, Woodland Hills, CA 91367 as soon as possible. Please note: Your payment must be received before any subsequent meetings can take place.
9. Late Payments and Delinquency Charges. All outstanding balances due that are not paid within 30 days of the final bill you receive for your meeting are immediately subject to a $20 monthly delinquency fee and will be charged $20 again for every 30 days of delinquency.
10. Additional Terms and Conditions: Services are non-transferable and are for the exclusive use of the customer. The purchase of our service does not promise acceptance to any particular college or university. All sales are ﬁnal, no exceptions.
11. Academic Advising: It is your responsibility to ensure that you satisfy a college’s minimum requirements for admission before and after you apply. We do not provide academic advising to ensure that you satisfy admissions requirements for required prerequisite coursework. This information is free if you consult the counselor at your school or call your desired colleges directly.
12. MBTI Assessment Fee: If an MBTI Career Assessment is requested, the $50 cost of providing the MBTI assessment will be added to your prepayment invoice.